Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MDS&W II

Today, here's some of the faboulous entries in the Skein and Garment Competition.

This was my favorite sweater and favorite woven thing, placed together by chance (but hey, it made them easy to photograph!).




There were a LOT of yarn skeins entered - several tables' worth. It was all amazing!


This was my mom's favorite sweater. She really liked the yoke design.



I liked these socks:


Finally, there was an INCREDIBLE felted footstool. It's festooned with ribbons, and wow... I think it totally should've gotten them. I was really, really impressed. (At first glance, I thought it was an actual stuffed-like-taxidermied sheep and was a wee bit creeped out. It's that good.)



Everything was pretty darned cool. If you get to the Festival, it's definitely worth putting aside some time to go through and see all the amazing things entered in the contests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your tracks here...